This week I availed myself of a great sale that Native Instruments was having on their Komplete 9 bundle. Though I’ve only scratched the mere surface of this product, I was able to put a few very nice sounds through their paces.
In addition, I’ve also added a few other pieces of equipment to my home studio, namely a Behringer Xenyx X2442 line mixer. This has been exciting to me as it’s made use of my hardware synth collection much easier. I now have all of my old romplers and older keyboards lined in and ready to go.
Also, I’ve been listening to Peter Gabriel almost nonstop for the last two weeks. So there’s a chance that some of that influence has come out in this piece. I’d like to think so, anyway.
And now for the track breakdown:
- Kontakt West Africa – percussion
- Kontakt Studio drummer – acoustic drumloops
- Ultrabeat – drumloops
- Sonik Synth CP80
- Yamaha P200 – additional CP80
- Yamaha DX27S – chime/bell synth ostinato
- Korg Prophecy – delayed guitar ostinato/flutey sine wave synth lead layer
- Roland MVS-1 – synth lead layer
- Alesis QSR – synth lead layer
- Reaktor Monark – synth lead layer
- Reaktor Prism – synth pad
- Scarbee MM Bass – bass guitar