This week’s offering is more of an ambient soundscape than an actual song. I thought about developing the main motif a bit, but decided against it.
I ran across a site called freeSFX that has some great sound effects, which is where I found most of the ambient airport background noise and laughing kids and stuff. I also used a VST plugin produced by Tweakbench called Field, which has some need ambient sound effects. Another cool synth I pulled out is Plucked String by Synapse Audio (makers of Orion). It really doesn’t sound like a guitar, but it does sound pretty cool. Finally, I used Reaktor Spark (NI) for the sequenced 8th-note bass synth, and SynthMaster by KV331 Audio for the spacey pad sound heard throughout.
- Tweakbench Field (ambient sound effects)
- freeSFX (ambient sound effects and samples)
- Obxd (bass filter sweep)
- Reaktor Spark (bass)
- KV331 Audio SynthMaster Player (synth pad)
- Arturia CS80V (synth melody)
- NI Kontakt (electric guitar)
- Synapse Plucked String (acoustic guitar)