I have a completely legitimate excuse for being a full week behind schedule on the posting of this week’s song…..namely, that my harddrive crashed.
I’d started on this one about two weeks ago and even had a mix ready last Tuesday, but I was planning on tweaking it during our two-day snow-in. Then, it happened. Fortunately I was able to move all of the important stuff off of the drive before it totally went kaput, but it still put me behind by a couple of days.
Not a lot of notes here on this one. The main little riffs came to me as I was playing tag with my son at the park (and I’m very thankful for the voice memo app on my iPhone). I was feeling a set of odd-metered set rock riffs, which I just strung together here. I’m still trying to figure out how to program a convincing drum track with the Abbey Road library. I’ve been using the Rough Rider compressor plugin from Audio Damage (another freebie, of course) to thicken the drums up a bit, as well as NI’s Superchargercompressor. There’s still a lot of work to be done on the mix, but overall I’m enjoying the groove to this one!
I already have a tune or two in the hopper for this week, and should have something posted in the next couple of days. Feel free to drop me a line with your thoughts or suggestions! Thanks, and enjoy!
Other plugins used:
- Native Instruments Abbey Road (drums)
- Synapse Audio Dune (bass synth)
- Sonic Charge Cyclone (bass synth)
- Futurcraft Kairatune (synth ostinato)
- Arturia Minimoog (synth riff and ostinato)
- Alphakanal Automat (bass synth, brass synth hits)
- Arturia Jupiter 8V (string synth pad)
- Arturia ARP 2600 V (synth solo)
- IK Multimedia Sampletron (mellotron choir and strings)