Came up with this last week. I fleshed the first two sections in about an hour, then sat on it for a week. I wanted initially to experiment with a jungle-type drum beat in Ultrabeat (which comes with Logic), so I looked up a tutorial online. Instead, I came up with something that sounds nothing like a jungle beat. Go figure.
I’ve also been trying out a few electric guitar plugins to see how convincing they are. In this case, I used a Rock Guitar in Kontakt that sounded okay. Nothing amazing, but I think with enough work, I might fool at least two people listening to the track.
A few other plugins on this track:
- u-he Podolski (synth bass)
- Camel Audio Alchemy (D-50 chime pad)
- Synapse Dune (arpeggiator sequence starting at 0:10 seconds)
- u-he Zebralette (clean synth guitar chords)
- SampleTron (Melltron Strings)